From warm weather to picturesque beaches to a wealth of diversity, there are many advantages to living in Florida, America’s Sunshine State. Whether you’re a snowbird looking to move south for the winter or seeking permanent relocation, moving to Florida and living in Florida has many advantages.
- Florida’s total population is 21.31 million.
- Florida has a total surface area of 65,755 miles.
- Florida’s population grows by almost 1,000 people each day.
- If growth continues at the same rate, Florida’s population could surpass 26 million by 2030.
- Research Your Location: If you’re an out of stater looking to relocate to Fort Lauderdale, it pays to know your stuff. Visit and research the location, talk to locals and get an idea of what’s around your potential new home.
- Work With a Realtor: A Fort Lauderdale real estate companies know the lay of the land and can tell you what to expect living in Fort Lauderdale. That includes knowing weather patterns and how to adapt. Fort Lauderdale real estate companies can also help you weather you plan on living their year-round or just seasonally.
- Consider Location: Having a home right on the water is nice, but it can also be expensive. Buying a home that sits slightly back from the water not only costs less, it is less expensive to insure and is a little less vulnerable to weather damage.
- Think Long term: Your dream home, whether it’s a luxurious mansion or a beach home, a permanent home or a vacation home, is supposed to be a place of comfort. where you have family gatherings and celebrate milestones. It pays to take the time to make the investments of time and research to make sure everything falls into place.
What does all that mean for you? By living in Florida, you’ll be living in a state with a relatively low cost of living.
Places like Fort Lauderdale don’t necessarily come cheap, but it has a lower cost of living compared to places like Miami. Fort Lauderdale has a growing night life, a lot of diversity and a thriving art community. The Fort Lauderdale DDA markets the city as boasting more than 17,000 residential units, 7 million square feet of office space, thousands of hotel rooms and lots of restaurants, dozens of retail options as well as entertainment options.
Expatistan gives a detailed rundown of the cost of living in Fort Lauderdale, detailing food, housing and clothing costs among other items. Fort Lauderdale is also very friendly and caters to the LGBTQ community.
From waterfront homes to condos to party mansions, Fort Lauderdale has something to offer everyone.
Florida attracts more than 100 million visitors a year and Fort Lauderdale real estate companies can help visitors and those looking for longterm residence. Among visitors, 36 percent of vacation buyers purchased property in a beach area and 42 percent of vacation buyers plan to use their property for vacations and family retreats.
If you’re interested in buying Fort Lauderdale beach homes, there are several important things to know:
Looking for luxury homes in Fort Lauderdale? Need the advice of Fort Lauderdale real estate companies to find mansions for sale? Are you looking for gay realtors who cater to Fort Lauderdale’s LGBTQ community? Yelp and Zillow provide lists of homes for sales and reviews of agents and real estate companies to help you work through the process of buying or renting property.